Do you, or your family member with (I/DD) dream of owning a home? The Arc of Spokane's Home Ownership Opportunities program helps families navigate the complex process of buying a home alongside their loved one. We offer regular homebuyer classes and one-on-one housing counseling. We also offer down payment assistance to qualified candidates. Since 2004, we've helped more than 200 individuals and families purchase safe, affordable housing.
Our housing counselors are here to help you
- Establish a household budget and develop debt management tools
- Find available financial resources related to your housing needs
- Work with your housing team to find the housing that best suits your family's needs at the right price
- Learn to budget for future home maintenance and avoid mortgage scams
- Learn to avoid mortgage delinquency or defaults
- Define "Fair Housing" and what it means to you
To qualify for our down payment assistance, a candidate must
1. Have a documented intellectual or developmental disability that is caused by a mental or physical condition occurring before age 22, likely to continue indefinitely and substantially limits three or more major life activities such as self-care, learning, mobility, etc.
2. Meet household income requirements established by funding and our down payment assistance program
3. Buy a new or existing single-family home or condominium in our service area
4. Complete a one-on-one counseling session with one of our housing counselors
5. Attend a homebuyer's education class